A very warm welcome to Conor O'Brien to the Industrial team in Tilbury
486-Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Position: Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 pa
Contract type: Permanent
My client is a medium sized Mechanical & Electrical Contractors with offices in Central Surrey, offering a detailed serviced to recognised and repeat customers throughout London & the South East of England.
Within their Head Office they provide total engineering support to our directly employed Mechanical and Electrical Installation Engineers, including: -
• Contract Management Teams
• Design Department
• Estimating Department
• CAD/BIM Department
At this time, we are seeking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, a good team player but equally able to work on their own initiative.
The successful candidate should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of designing Mechanical projects within the range of £100,000.00 to £5,000,000.00, to be able to work under their own initiative from receipt of initial design brief to completion of the design for implementation by our contract management and site operating teams.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience and trade qualifications representative of a Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services), educated to HND / HNC or degree level in Building Services Engineering.
Excellent knowledge of Building Services Design & software packages would be essential and a good understanding of Estimating, CAD & BIM, Revit packages would be an advantage.
Outline Brief of Requirements
1. Read, understand and scrutinise Specifications.
2. Design Mechanical Services Systems from Architects’ Drawings and / or Room Data Sheets: -
• Public Health Installation
• Domestic Services Installation
• Comfort Cooling
• Air Conditioning
3. Design & Build experience is essential.
4. A good working knowledge of BMS & Control Systems.
5. Ability to carry out site visits and surveys.
6. Ability to meet Clients, Consultants and Professional Teams.
7. Ability to present the design to the Professional and Contract Management teams.
8. Ability to work in a team.
9. An appreciation of business demands.
10. Good documentation and presentation skills
The Finer Details
The successful candidate would be primarily based in our Head Office working Monday to Friday, 09.00
- 17.30 hours, however, there will be times where you will be required to put in extra hours and travel to site for surveys, meeting etc.
Ease of commute to our Head Office, Surrey, is a consideration as this will be the primary base and the successful candidate would not be expected to have a commute of more than 45 minutes
- 1 hour.
The Employment Package
• A starting salary between £50,000.00 & £75,000.00, subject to level of experience
• Company car (or car allowance), subject to level of experience and demand
• Holiday – 30 days per annum, including Bank Holidays
• Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
• Access to a Private Health Scheme
Should this opportunity be of interest then please do get in contact with George Martin (MEP Design Recruitment Consultant) for more information.
DD: 0203 941 2710